Scale Comparisons - Various Manufacturers

In sharing the recent announcement from Eureka Miniatures, I received a number of questions on Facebook and this blog in relation to their compatibility with other ranges.

In order to give some idea of the scale, I've grabbed some miniatures off the lead pile from some of the common manufacturers to give some idea as to their compatibility with other ranges.

Please excuse my potato camera; I am currently in the process of exploring better options as well as a suitable light box.

++++++++++

Scale Comparisons


I have selected miniatures in similar poses where available to try and show relative height and bulk on a comparative scale.

Left to right - Footsore Miniatures, Eureka Miniatures, Artizan Designs

 Left to right - Woodbine Design Company, Eureka Miniatures, Brigade Games

Left to right - Warlord Miniatures (Ex-BAM), Eureka Miniatures, Sloppy Jalopy (Eureka Head)

Unfortunately I don't have any miniatures from Empress to include add to the above line-up, but I will upload new scale comparisons as my lead-pile inevitably grows.

The Sloppy Jalopy and Woodbine Design Company sculpts are definitely on the slightly larger side, and the Footsore and Warlord miniatures are slighter, but I feel this is well within the acceptable height variation seen in the general population. I realise scale can be very subjective, but I feel that all of the above ranges can be used together with little issue.

++++++++++

As well as the above scale  comparisons, I've recently put brush to model and finished my first two Trades Hall militia. A full post will be made once their comrades are complete, however I feel they give a good indication of the tone and quality I will be aiming to maintain for this project. They are nothing special being from the 'basecoat > wash > highlight' school common of lazy painters, but I am happy with them.


Both are Eureka Miniatures, sculpted by Kosta Heristanidis. The left hand model is from the Soviet Factory Militia with rifle pack, and the right is from the Soviet Partisan with rifle pack.

++++++++++

To finish off today's post I thought I'd share a very brief introduction to another small unit that will be seeing some table time.

In a recent trade I picked up a score of Brigade Games ANZAC infantry with lemon squeezer hats that had been head-swapped to have Eureka Miniatures Australian slouch hat heads.

As I had already decided I'd be using Woodbine Design Company ANZACS for my New Guard, I set about finding another force that would be using WW1 era military dress. Enter, the Independent Rifle Companies. I will expand on their history in a later post, however the general idea is that the Federal Government granted permission to the states to raise Independent Rifle Companies in order to reinforce districts where police resources were insufficient. As these companies are under the control of district commanders, their 'independence' is often questionable, with companies often seen reinforcing government, Trades Hall, or New Guard forces during the conflict.


As always, thanks for taking the time to follow my blog.

I appreciate any comments, questions or feedback you may have.

Ciao!


Comments

  1. Splod, this is Dan from the VBCW forum. The blog looks good. I’ve decided to take the plunge into the Australian theater and am building a WA force. Any guidance?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Major Curran – OIC, Alpha Company: 33rd Provincial Battalion, New Guard

The start of something, grand?